Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Melissa de la Cruz; Not just another author

Lately I have been reading random books, but I stumbled across one that I really liked. It is "Blue Bloods" by Melissa de la Cruz, and it is based on a different version of vampires, or vampyres. In this book, vampires are angels that have been kicked out of heaven for their sins, so they are consistently trying to gain access back to heaven. A vampire is a being th at looks like a human, but is very pretty and smart. They feed off the blood of humans (or Red Bloods) but do not drink all their blood. Instead, they drink a little, binding that human to it as a human familiar. It is against the Code of Conduct to drink all a human familiars blood, so they drink a little and let the human recover for 48 hours. This is a little background that will be explained in further detail in the book, so I suggest you read it if it interests you at all. "Blue Bloods" is a series, so don't miss the other books! Please comment and let me know what you think about my new book reviewing and if I should continue doing it.

3 comments:

  1. Some of the other books in this series include "Masquerade", "Lost in Time", and "Bloody Valentine". There are others, so don't miss them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i have a different display name now, but i am the same person.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got a new pic that kind of reminds of Bloody Valentine.

    ReplyDelete